Welcome to Independent Living
The place for impartial information about products and services to help with mobility and independence.
Whoever you are – OT, physio or other health professional, family carer, individual with a disability, we can provide the advice you need.
If you are looking for products, the drop-down menu above will take you to a full range of aids to daily living, mobility and independence, grouped together in categories. Products for professional users, such as care home furniture, hoists, postural and pressure management systems, are similarly grouped. Just follow the links under "Independent Living" or "Care Professional"
The newscentre, also linked from the menu above, includes product news, newsletters, podcasts, guest blogs, and advice on on various aspects of living with a disability or caring for someone who cannot live independently, including information on benefits; legislation; keeping warm and well; fall prevention; and generally coping with being a carer.
Independent Living Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter highlights the latest developments of interest to health and social care professionals, family carers and disabled individuals, including new products and services, changes in legislation, etc. You can read the current and archived issues online here, and sign up to receive your own copy by email here
- December 6thAdverse Incidents Comments Off
- December 6thHoist FAQ Comments Off
- December 3rdAbout Euan’s Guide Comments Off
- December 3rdKelly Gordon, Blogger at Large Writes for IL Comments Off
- December 3rdMobility Scooters – Lifeline AND Headache For Landlords! Comments Off
- December 3rdAbility Matters’ New Showcase Page Comments Off
- December 3rdChanging Places to Shop till You Drop! Comments Off
- December 3rdAbacus Healthcare Bathing Range Comments Off
- December 1st24.11.13 Martyn Sibley – Doing his Personal Best Comments Off
- December 1stTerry Lifts’ New Lifestyle Choice Comments Off