Welcome to Independent Living, the community site which provides news, views and product information designed to assist with living independently.
Updated cookies policy - you'll only see this message once.
If you are looking for products, the menu on the left will take you to a full range of aids to daily living, mobility and independence, grouped together in categories. Products for professional users, such as care home furniture, hoists, postural and pressure management systems, are similarly grouped on the left.
Welcome back to Independent Living
the place for impartial information about products and services to help with mobility and independence.
Whoever you are - OT, physio or other health professional, family carer, individual with a disability, we can provide the advice you need.
- Guest Blog: Top Ten Tips For Staying Close to Someone With Dementia
- 22.05 Newsletter - Dementia Awareness Week, Bedroom Tax Update, Care Bill Fallout, and more
- Scientists Discover Molecular Trigger For Alzheimer's
- New Fusion 600 height adjustable care bath from Kingkraft
- The Essential Guide to Avoiding Dementia, by Mary Jordan. Read our editor's review
- Bright new Rainbow care bed from Bakare
- Legal Challenge to PIP Given Go-Ahead
- The Podcast: WAVs - from the driver's seat!
- Nutrition Blogspot - the Food/Drug War Zone
- The Right to Die - should people have to fight for it?
- The story behind WOW Petition - fighting the government's war on welfare
- Most convenient ramped access for WAVs?
- Pricing of Disability Goods - latest comments
- Life's Lessons - we can all learn from them!
- Charity Pay - is it too high?
Latest topics in our forum:
Living with a disability; caring for someone who cannot live independently; bringing up a disabled child - the Advice Centre has information on benefits, legislation, keeping warm and well, fall prevention, generally coping with being a carer.
Independent Living Newsletter
Our regular free newsletter highlights the latest developments of interest to health and social care professionals, family carers and disabled individuals, including new products and services, changes in legislation, etc. You can read the current and archived issues online here, and sign up to receive your own copy by email here