V-Max and V-Max Plus
Transform your manual wheelchair with the powered pushing and braking aid V-Max. Slopes, divided ramps and gradients are not an insurmountable problem any more…
This pushing and braking aid supports you in all situations. The powerful motor pushes the wheelchair up and downhill. It assists your attendant to control and brake the wheelchair. The driving speed can be adjusted continuously up to 6 km / hour.
General features and advantages of the V-Max:
• Range up to 25km.
• Climbing capacity over 20%.
• Persons weighing up to 160kg can be transported.
• Speed is continuously adjustable at any time; up to 6km/h forwards and up to 3km/h in reverse.
• Low weight.
• Easy assembly.
• Can be mounted to virtually all wheelchairs with a seat width of 36cm and more.
• Pushing and braking aid automatically brakes on slopes.
• Driving on ramps over stairs and on uneven ground as you do with a manual wheelchair.
• V-Max is mounted on the upper part of the back which leaves the attendant ample room in the leg area.
• Easily transportable – fits into almost any car boot.
Features and advantages of the V-Max+
Easily transportable powered mobility is important when caring for bariatric and obese patients. Often only very short trips are possible because the attendant quickly reaches his or her physical limits. The V-Max+ add-on power unit overcomes this.
V-Max+ assists the attendant driving uphill and it also brakes automatically when going downhill. The attendant gains security, and longer trips are possible with this powerful pushing and braking aid.
V-Max+ can easily handle a wheelchair and occupant weighing up to 300kg. It is compatible with manual chairs with a seat width between 60cm and 85cm. The attendant’s leg room is not affected because the device is attached to the lower part of the back rest.
For further information or to arrange a free demonstration, visit the AAT website (it will open in a new browser window).