Welcome to Independent Living
Providing free information and advice for more than 18 years.
Independent Living – the place for impartial information about products and services to help with mobility and independence.
Whoever you are – OT, physio or other health professional, family carer, individual with a disability, Independent Living can provide the advice you need. Keep up-to-date with the latest information by subscribing for our free weekly news roundup. You can read the latest issue online here, and sign up for your own copy here.
If you are looking for products, the drop-down menu above will take you to a full range of aids to daily living, mobility and independence, grouped together in categories. Products for professional users, such as care home furniture, hoists, postural and pressure management systems, are similarly grouped. Just follow the links under “Independent Living Buyers Guide” or “Professional Buyers Guide”
The Independent Living newscentre, also linked from the menu above, includes case studies, new product focus, industry news, podcasts, guest blogs, and our newsletter archives. For advice on various aspects of living with a disability or caring for someone who cannot live independently, including information on benefits; legislation; keeping warm and well; fall prevention; and generally coping with being a carer, the Advice Centre is the place to look.
Independent Living News Roundup
Our weekly roundup of news highlights the latest developments of interest to health and social care professionals, family carers and disabled individuals, including new products and services, changes in legislation, etc. You can read the current and archived issues online here, and sign up to receive your own copy by email here
- February 20 th Help improve personal health budgets Leave a comment
- February 20 th Heathrow airport chooses ProMove 2 comments
- February 19 th QEF Kids 2018 Leave a comment
- February 19 th What’s reasonable? 1 comment
- February 13 th Scope supporting social enterprises Leave a comment
- February 13 th Voiceitt – Speech recognition for the voiceless 1 comment
- February 10 th Elderly care systems around the world 1 comment
- February 5 th Helping Hand accessibility card Leave a comment
- February 2 nd Sleek new shower lift from Closomat Comments Off on Sleek new shower lift from Closomat
- January 30 th Impey Technical Handbook Comments Off on Impey Technical Handbook
- January 30 th Children’s palliative care needs improvement Leave a comment
- January 29 th Compulsory first aid education? Leave a comment
- January 26 th Joint inquiry on social care funding Leave a comment
- January 24 th New Minister for Loneliness 2 comments
- January 23 rd Music therapy for dementia Leave a comment
- January 23 rd Consultation on Blue Badge Eligibility Leave a comment
- January 22 nd Storyhouse: Art deco style and inclusivity Leave a comment
- January 16 th How safe is the NHS? Leave a comment
- January 15 th Frailty – is it inevitable? 3 comments
- January 10 th New Department of Health and Social Care 2 comments