Welcome to Independent Living
Providing free information and advice for more than 18 years.
Independent Living – the place for impartial information about products and services to help with mobility and independence.
Whoever you are – OT, physio or other health professional, family carer, individual with a disability, Independent Living can provide the advice you need. Keep up-to-date with the latest information by subscribing for our free weekly news roundup. You can read the latest issue online here, and sign up for your own copy here.
If you are looking for products, the drop-down menu above will take you to a full range of aids to daily living, mobility and independence, grouped together in categories. Products for professional users, such as care home furniture, hoists, postural and pressure management systems, are similarly grouped. Just follow the links under “Independent Living Buyers Guide” or “Professional Buyers Guide”
The Independent Living newscentre, also linked from the menu above, includes case studies, new product focus, industry news, podcasts, guest blogs, and our newsletter archives. For advice on various aspects of living with a disability or caring for someone who cannot live independently, including information on benefits; legislation; keeping warm and well; fall prevention; and generally coping with being a carer, the Advice Centre is the place to look.
Independent Living News Roundup
Our weekly roundup of news highlights the latest developments of interest to health and social care professionals, family carers and disabled individuals, including new products and services, changes in legislation, etc. You can read the current and archived issues online here, and sign up to receive your own copy by email here
- May 25 th DFG Champions Roadshows Leave a comment
- May 25 th Medication-related harm for older adults Leave a comment
- May 22 nd Positive retirement research Leave a comment
- May 22 nd The ‘D’ Word – Rethinking Dementia 1 comment
- May 21 st Vegan footwear Leave a comment
- May 21 st THE CARER’S TRAP Leave a comment
- May 14 th Parallel London inclusive fun run Leave a comment
- May 14 th First dementia aware acute major hospital Leave a comment
- May 14 th Cycling Without Age Leave a comment
- May 13 th Single-Handed Care Leave a comment
- May 11 th Scotland diverging on social security Leave a comment
- May 7 th Consulting Dr Robot Leave a comment
- May 7 th Red Dot for Pressalit Care Leave a comment
- May 6 th Looathon – a window on Changing Places Leave a comment
- May 1 st Taxi driver prosecuted over disabled passenger Leave a comment
- April 30 th Festival Spirit Leave a comment
- April 30 th New bariatric bath from Gainsborough Leave a comment
- April 24 th Mainstreaming assistive technology Leave a comment
- April 24 th Brunel Assistive Equipment Measurement 1 comment
- April 22 nd Intermediate care – rules on charging Leave a comment