Welcome to Independent Living
Providing free information and advice for more than 18 years.
Independent Living – the place for impartial information about products and services to help with mobility and independence.
Whoever you are – OT, physio or other health professional, family carer, individual with a disability, Independent Living can provide the advice you need. Keep up-to-date with the latest information by subscribing for our free weekly news roundup. You can read the latest issue online here, and sign up for your own copy here.
If you are looking for products, the drop-down menu above will take you to a full range of aids to daily living, mobility and independence, grouped together in categories. Products for professional users, such as care home furniture, hoists, postural and pressure management systems, are similarly grouped. Just follow the links under “Independent Living Buyers Guide” or “Professional Buyers Guide”
The Independent Living newscentre, also linked from the menu above, includes case studies, new product focus, industry news, podcasts, guest blogs, and our newsletter archives. For advice on various aspects of living with a disability or caring for someone who cannot live independently, including information on benefits; legislation; keeping warm and well; fall prevention; and generally coping with being a carer, the Advice Centre is the place to look.
Independent Living News Roundup
Our weekly roundup of news highlights the latest developments of interest to health and social care professionals, family carers and disabled individuals, including new products and services, changes in legislation, etc. You can read the current and archived issues online here, and sign up to receive your own copy by email here
- January 16 th How safe is the NHS? Leave a comment
- January 15 th Frailty – is it inevitable? 1 comment
- January 10 th New Department of Health and Social Care 2 comments
- January 9 th Power of Attorney Scotland Leave a comment
- January 9 th Enduring Power of Attorney Leave a comment
- January 9 th Warm Homes Fund Leave a comment
- January 5 th Case study: Gentona and Sentes baths Comments Off on Case study: Gentona and Sentes baths
- January 1 st No New Year’s Resolutions 1 comment
- December 29 th Getting Back on Track 1 comment
- December 28 th What is a Lasting Power of Attorney? 2 comments
- December 27 th Check Yourself for Testicular Cancer Leave a comment
- December 13 th Recruitment Industry Disability Initiative Awards Leave a comment
- December 12 th Incontinence technology required 1 comment
- December 11 th Assistive technology in education Leave a comment
- December 8 th DFG Analytics Leave a comment
- December 7 th Mobile phone coverage getting worse Leave a comment
- December 6 th Dysfunctional care homes market Leave a comment
- December 5 th Coastal road trip with canine assistance… Leave a comment
- December 5 th CTX specialist changing table Comments Off on CTX specialist changing table
- December 4 th Barriers to Independent Living Leave a comment