Elevate and FreeGlide half-height shower doors
Designed, developed and manufactured by Impey in the UK, these new shower door ranges provide outstanding innovative features for both user and carer.
They also meet the needs of professionals, from Occupational Therapists specifying accessible bathroom solutions for private and sheltered homes to Technical Officers looking for quality and affordability when pricing for care homes and residential new builds.
Following an extensive redesign, they incorporate features that make them particularly suitable for care environments and users with a range of impairments.
Key benefits of the new Elevate and FreeGlide doors
• for people with arthritis, the doors can be operated with minimal grip
• visually impaired users benefit from the contrasting colour schemes which provide optimum visibility
• those with dementia find the non-reflective door panels calming; reflections can be very disturbing
• the unique market-leading wipe clean surface layer with no dirt traps provides for excellent infection control
• safety is paramount; the folding door hinges are fully enclosed, eliminating any risk of finger trapping
• PETG panels won’t shatter in the unfortunate event that a user falls against them
• carers and users both benefit from smooth, quick and easy-to-open mechanisms
return to top
FreeGlide sliding and folding doors
These half-height shower doors provide easier fitting, easier opening and easier cleaning.
Easy to use FreeGlide rising hinge allows the door to move freely. There is a unique sliding door unclip pivot mechanism, that requires no tools.
For users with limited strength and mobility, the doors can be operated by simply placing your hand through the handle and sliding.
Elevate bifold and sliding half-height shower doors
An extensive range of door options, which are ready to install out of the box. They are delivered with predrilled fixings holes, and all necessary fixings provided.
The Elevate door provides an intuitive lifting solution, with an easy to grasp handle that you lift and rotate with minimal effort to raise the door from the floor.
Double contact floor seals guard against water leaks.
Unique to both the FreeGlide and Elevate ranges, installation does not require any drilling into vinyl flooring or floor substrate. This provides an absolute assurance against leaking.
All these Impey shower doors are available with next day delivery, and have been designed to be installed as easily and quickly as possible. The average installation time is 20 minutes.
There is a wide range of options and sizes available, and seals and serviceable parts are easy to replace.
Special and bespoke sizes are available to order, and the doors have a lifetime guarantee.
return to top
This is part of the Independent Living Focus on bathroom products. You can sign up for the free monthly email round-up here
You can see more of the Impey range on their showcase page
There is an area of Independent Living dedicated to better access in the bathroom
We also have details on a range of accessible showers
Assisted and adapted bathroom facilities for care environments can be found here
Make sure you don’t miss out on news from Independent Living
return to top